There are many travel options to reach Verona Italy, however most popular is to fly into one of the following airports:
Verona Villafranca Airport
- Located 10 km southwest of Verona, Italy and 12.1km from city centre (20 minute journey).
- You can reach the city centre from the airport by bus (shared shuttle) or taxi. You can also rent a car without a driver. The trip by Verona Airport bus takes 15 minutes and costs EUR 6. Transfers reach the city centre in 25 minutes, and you will have to pay from EUR 44 for such a trip.
Bologna (BLQ) (103 km from Verona)
- This airport is 103km away from Verona (1 hour 30 min journey).
- You can travel to Verona from this airport via train, bus, car and town car.
For further information on surrounding airports and travel options see ..here..
Public Transport in Verona
Veronas public transport is operated by ATZ Azienda Transporti Verona and the main bus terminal is located in the main train station at Verona Port Nuova, bus tickets can be bought before travel or on the bus itself.
Taxis in Verona can be picked up from designated taxi ranks located throughout the city including the train station, Piazza Bra and Piazza delle erbe.
There is a limited traffic zone in the historic centre of Verona where there is limited or no traffic at all.
Verona facts & figures
Currency: The Euro- £1 - €1.17
Electricity and plugs: For Italy there are three associated plug types, types C, F and L. Plug type C is the plug which has two round pins, plug type F is the plug which has two round pins with two earth clips on the side and plug type L is the plug type which has three round pins. Italy operates on a 230V supply voltage and 50Hz.
Important telephone numbers
- Emergency call: 113
- Police: 112
- Fire department: 115
- Ambulance: 118
- Municipal Police Department: 112
Further information on Verona is available ..here..
Covid Guidelines for Travel
At this time we are unsure of what the Covid-19 restrictions will be when travelling into Verona Italy.